Monday, April 23, 2012

Chocolate coconut splendors (ya, I made that name up)



In addition to making the name up, I made up the entire recipe! That's right y'all, I used my chocolate spidey senses and natural sugar prowess to make a cookie that didn't suck! Wi-five! (motioning hand like I'm high-fiving you over the internet, btw).


Anyway, these were not the best cookies in the world and they definitely didn't photograph very well (this was literally the only acceptable shot I got), but I wanted to post this as a motivator to myself and any reader who has never tried making something from scratch like this. 


All these recipes online, they are amazing. I love cookbooks so much I think it might become the only thing I ask for on holidays anymore. But the truth is, one can be TOO dependent on recipes. I have been pretty loose with easy recipes, but definitely not with baking. So this is my post to say TAKE THE PLUNGE! experiment. I can't even remember the exact recipe here, but I just took some of my knowledge of flourless chocolate cake and some of my knowledge of macarons and some of my knowledge of how not to burn coconut, and wabam!! it worked out.


So no recipe today, but feel motivated everyone. We all grow too dependent on other peoples risk-taking sometimes. Now's the time to do it yo' own self.

1 comment: