Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gatineau Getaway: A Photo Diary



I had the extreme privilege of using a really expensive camera this weekend (as well as just getting out of the city...I HAVE THE NICEST FRIENDS). Therefore I went a little wild and took a lot of pictures, some of which may come with recipes, but many are just testaments to bloomin' nature!



Out with the old...


In with the new!


We were staying in a converted barn above a canoe making shop. We tried to tell ghost stories at night but all I could think of was this time I found a tick on my crotch (TMI).



Tristan looks really uncomfortable here, but I swear it wasn't the food.


Dude, make a marinade. You owe it to yourself.



This game is for nerds from Cambridge. That is what the pamphlet said.



We went to the Lusk caves hoping to spelunk, but because all the ice in Gatineau was just freshly melting there were violent streams and rivers blocking our access to the caves.


Oh ya, best sandwich ever. Here is the recipe: 
1. Make your own bread
2. smoked salmon
3. cream cheese
4. grow your own sprouts (whaaaa?)
5. cucumbers
6. lime juice
7. salt and pepper
8. avocado

I'm sorry guys, I'm just too relaxed from my vacation to make a proper post. Don't worry, I'm feeling like I might get stressed again by tomorrow and need to make a long post about salty caramel brownie something or other.

3 comments:

  1. Aahhhhhh.. This makes me miss my cottage. Did u bake that bread, woman? I wanna know! It looks unreal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was AmandaPants creation!! maybe she will guest post her recipe.....???

      Delete