Thursday, April 19, 2012

Books and Chocolates

As I haven't had much time to get in the kitchen lately, I'm doing this post on two things: one involving delicious food and the other involving construction. Together equals: something similar to a recipe.


In this case I mean literal construction, out of wood and nails and screws. My friend had the inclination to construct a miniature public library; a little box with door affixed containing some of our favorite books for park-goers to pick up at their fancy. So we fashioned this little box out of scavenged wood and Leah made a "book-flag" to accompany it.


My mind has been lately pre-occupied with the non-tactile, with objectives and goals that sometimes feel a very long way off. Dreaming so much can become tiring, especially when dreams remain dreams. But therein lies the power of the tactile: after a long bout of dreaming, you can pick up a few pieces of wood and make a concept spring to life! 


It felt incredibly good to saw a piece of wood, to nail together two boards and make a standing wall, to measure out the lengths of siding and slant the roof so the rain runs off the back. I had to battle the fluttering desire to pursue a career in carpentry, like the million little desires I seem to have every week, but who says it can't be (yet another) hobby? 


And another good thing: we are moving! Luke and I signed a lease yesterday for our NEW APARTMENT in the jean talon market neighborhood, which means many delicious posts to come that will involve fresh fruits and veggies and a potential foray into freeganism (but let's all hope I have a better paying job by then!).

Anyway, around the corner is a deadly and seductive shop called Chocobel...I mean, come on.


And if that's not enough, they have a 40% off treasure bin (it is a literal treasure bin) filled with discount chocolate. 

I got this insanely delicious fleur de sel caramel and chocolate fondant cake. 


I really can't wait for the summer.

1 comment:

  1. mmmm chocobel looks insane!
    i want to know more about the logistics of this park library. let's discuss. XO

    ReplyDelete