Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Shakshuka for Dinner


It's been awhile since my last post. So long in fact that I think I missed the Fall entirely, at least on the internet. Over the last month (the period over which Fall actually lasts in Montréal) I've made about a million things with butternut squash and pumpkins. We made some bacony butternut squash soup that's too heavy to eat a whole bowl of, pumpkin spice bread with brown sugar crust, kombocha and pork stew from a Burmese recipe and some pumpkin cinnamon buns. I guess I haven't really missed Fall so much as missed blogging about it. missed yoooou bloggg!


I also had some strolls through the squash piles with friends. The above mini-squashes are now being given away at the Jean Talon Market. I guess they were not such a radical hit this year.


I've also been present for some celebrations...friends getting engaged and white-coated (above picture was a champagne brunch for the latter). The band has also been getting their mugs all gussied up for high-class photogs. heyyyooooo
 And I've been doing a bit of historical excavation as well. Check out my parents, circa 1981, right before they got engaged. They were traveling through the Panama Canal on a cruise ship (my dad was the on board performer). YES. Love these.


Finally, I've been taking note of all these little good things and storing 'em up for winter. It's a long-haul in the MTL, but it means I get to do a LOT more cooking indoors.

As for the Shakshuka, a Tunisian dish that is normally served for breakfast, I cannot take credit for the kale, sausage and chickpea addition, but can tell you it was AWESOME. I will direct you to this lovely lady's blog where you can find the recipe and try it yerself.

xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Making this in the next few days. Looks amazing. (And you're sure that's not you in that photo????)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yr parents' expressions are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adding sausage to shakshuka is GENIUS. I will be copying.

    ReplyDelete